My Story

Andrew and I freshman year 2012
I was just a girl that decided to go for it. Sounds cliche, but it's true. Up until college I was relatively active with friends, work, swimming and soccer. Although I was never fit, I thought I was healthy, even with the pizza and no veggie daily diet.

Coming to college really slapped myself in my face because not only did I gain the freshman 15, I gained the freshman 30. I made excuses for myself to not eat healthy nor exercise, so I was fine with my 30 pound hit and took it. Then college got harder and busier with work, I ate fast food all the time because I usually worked when the cafeteria was open. Although I tried to eat Subway or a fast food salad every once in awhile, it didn't see to do anything. Mostly because I didn't understand that I needed a total lifestyle change.
Wedding Day 2015
Going into my fourth year into college, newly married, I gained 80 pounds since coming in as a freshman. My body was under massive stress, migraines everyday, digestive issues, brain fog, fatigue, and depression. When I reached for my jeans that fall, I realized that it was time for a change because I despised my body and I wanted to start doing something about it.

My husband (Andrew) and I finally had the guts to try Whole 30. We were both excited about clean eating, planned on losing all kinds of weight from it, BUT we couldn't even get to day 21 without jumping in our car to get ice cream. We had no motivation to keep us going nor did we have the drive to fight the sugar cravings. We felt deprived. The next couple months I had given up and really focused on nursing school. Stress was my best friend, so I gained 15 more pounds.

When I found out that I could no longer be in nursing school after not passing a test, my life completely crumbled. Heart broken, shattered, torn, bitter, angry...working so hard for something so long and then finding out that you can't continue REALLY crushes someone, especially when they are already down.

I found myself crying every day, not only because I had failed, but because I was FAT. I hated myself because I felt so STUCK. I started making excuses like I will always be this way. I will always be over 200 lbs. I will never be skinny again. None of my clothes fit and I found myself always going to my husbands shirts because I didn't want anyone seeing my muffin top. Then I went to the mall and realized I no longer fit into a size 16 or an 18 anymore, nor could I wear an XL. So I started wearing hoodies because they covered everything. I just wanted to hide and I felt everyone staring at me.
Getting my green container in!!

Andrew was starting a new chapter in his life with a new job in Cincinnati and I had no clue what I was going to do for the rest of my life. Then I got a message about a challenge group from my coach, Rachel. It was almost the New Year and the group was all about finding a new you. Of course, it was perfect for me. I had no direction, I wanted to lose weight, and I needed to find myself again. After asking my husband and budgeting, we found out that month that we had no money for me to buy the challenge pack for the challenge group. I was devastated, but it gave me a drive to SAVE money.

Starting in March 2016, I made the decision that has changed my life forever, without even knowing it. I decided to become an independent Beachbody coach and join my coach's new challenge group. I had no clue what I had just done nor the impact it would make on my life. I got my package of 22-Minute Hardcorps and Shakeology and started immediately. I fell in love.

After finishing 22-Minute Hardcorps and doing hell week to the best of my ability, I lost 15 lbs and 25 inches, I not only gained muscle but a whole lot of confidence. I started loving the person I was turning into and I found hope again. My old jeans started fitting. I didn't have to wear my husbands shirts. Shakeology helped with my health problems.



I never knew that cleaning up my diet, exercising at home, and drinking a shake everyday would change my life, but it ultimately has. Since my life changed, I have been paying it forward as a coach. I run my own challenge groups and help others start their journey to achieve a healthy fulfilling life.

As of July 2016: I have lost 30 pounds and 45 inches. I am currently doing Country Heat and dancing my pounds off. Although I still have 60 more pounds that I want to lose, I am the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life.
Summer 2016
I've lost 35 lbs and 50.5 inches after finishing Country Heat. I learned that I definitely have two left feet, but it was such a fun workout! My next plan is to do 21 Day Fix Extreme for two rounds and a goal to lose 20 lbs. I know it's a big goal, but I truly have faith in myself that I can do this because I can do the hard things!

Although I was so on fire with coaching and my weight loss journey, I fell into the temptation of busy-ness. In August 2016, I officially moved full time to Cincinnati and had to find a full-time job to help pay the high city prices. On top of this job and going to school online full-time, I was constantly stressed and busy. I fell out of my routine and lost site of my healthy lifestyle. Through depression and many crazy moments, I stopped doing what I loved and it CRUSHED me. I felt like a failure, but I know that I am not.

Almost a year later, I have redeemed myself and found my WHY again. Although the last 9 months have been crazy and I have moved three times, life isn't going to get any easier and God has shown me what I'm meant to do--I just need to do it. God wants me to help people through health and fitness. He wants me to shine his light through it. I just need to stop running from what he had called me to. I'm going to look failure right in the eyes and let it know that I'm done being afraid.

If you found my story enlightening, please let me know. If you would like to learn more about changing your life and living a healthy lifestyle, please let me know. If you would like to learn more about what God has called me to, please let me know.

Email me at coachpaxtontodd@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato & Apple Casserole

Healthy General Tso Chinese

Favorite Oatmeal