Sweet Potato & Apple Casserole


This is one of my all-time favorite dishes that I have created. It's a dish that I'll make for dinner to go with some pork chops or I'll make it around the holidays to take to parties for dessert. This is a great fall dish but can be cooked all year-round for multiple occasions. Try it as a dessert or a side and let me know what your family thinks! 

Ingredients:
2-3 medium sweet potatoes 3-5 apples (I used gold delicious once and it was surprisingly good!) 1 tbs olive oil 1 tbs lemon juice 2 tbs cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg 1 cup of walnuts/pecans --topping and optional
Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 350F. Peel the sweet potato and place it in the microwave with water to steam it. Then cut it up into cubes. 2. Wash and cut apples into cubes, sometimes I take the peeling off and sometimes I don't. This is usually a personal preference, so if you don't like the apple peeling, feel free to take it off. 3. Put apples and sweet potatoes in a bowl to mix with olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tbs cinnamon and nutmeg. 4. Put into a 1 qt baking dish and put the optional topping on top and the additional 1 tbs of cinnamon on top. 5. Bake at 350F and for about 20-30 minutes. You'll know when it's done when the top will start browning a tad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you trust God?

Knowledge Blessings