Life Changes

Since this time last year, my life has changed completely. It's changed the direction I was headed towards and the way I live my life in general. I had so many fantasies about where my life was headed but I didn't have goals, at least not clear and driven goals. I also didn't have my goals written down. 

Life changes usually are slow over time or are very abrupt. My life made a complete abrupt change in December 2015 and that's when I found out that I had no clue what I was going to do with my life. I had no direction, no goals, no nothing. Wasn't even sure what to do in life but I kept my options open. 

At this same time, my husband, Andrew, got a new job in Cincinnati, OH as a youth minister. That was also a huge life change for us because that meant commuting from Grayson, KY to Cincinnati, OH every weekend while going to school. That is a 3 hour trip that we committed to every weekend to grow the lives of the youth of ForestDale Church of Christ. We abusolutely love the teens there and the opportunity to be in their lives. Andrew is currently interning there full time this summer while I am still in Grayson. It has been hard being apart but for the sake of lives being changed, it's worth every second he is there. I visit him everytime I have time off from the campus bookstore I am currently working at. 

Besides the changes in Andrew's job and our travels, I have also made some other life changes. I started my health & fitness journey through Team Beachbody in March 2016. Gaining a lot of weight through the stress of college and being newly married as well. I wasn't happy with the way I looked, felt or even the way my clothes would fit. I was angry with myself, but kept finding excuses so I never got anywhere. My coach offered me the opportunity to be a coach like her; I prayed about it and felt God wanting me to do coach. I didn't feel very experienced, plus being overweight...Who would want me to coach them? But I did it. In March, I finally wrote down my goals. My goals as a challenger, coach, and in life. Some of the goals I have achieved and some of them are still in the process. 

Over these last couple months, I am so pleased and happy with myself. Altogether I have lost 18 lbs and over 25 inches. It took a lot of hard work, sweat, dedication, tears, and written goals to achieve what I have so far. It's not easy to lose weight or get healthy, but it's not easy being overweight either. I chose my hard and now my life will forever be changed. When are you going to change yours? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Potato & Apple Casserole

Healthy General Tso Chinese

Favorite Oatmeal